BASCOL Cares About the Community
BASCOL is dedicated to caring for the children, families and communities we serve. We work hard to incorporate fun and learning into our recreational-based program. BASCOL’s staff encourage children to grow to their fullest potential in a safe and nurturing environment.
Jell-O Drive – Each year, BASCOL children participate in a Jell-O drive with the Christmas Bureau. The Jell-O goes into food baskets that get distributed to over 4,000 families in need in Onondaga County.
Writing Contest – BASCOL students have the opportunity to participate in the Syracuse Federation Formers annual creative writing contest. Winners from the local level go onto the state, national, and international levels.
Blanket Initiative – BASCOL staff and students create fleece blankets for the Salvation Army to give to needy families at holiday time.
Swimsuit Initiative – BASCOL helps support the mayor’s URBAN SWIM INITIATIVE by collecting new and gently used swimsuits. The program gives free swimsuits and safety education to hundreds of city kids and their families.
Reading Adventure – BASCOL’s fun summer reading program encourages children to read over the summer.
• National Inclusion Project
• ARISE Child & Family Services - Serving children with disabilities in CNY
• Bricks for Kids (Summer Lego Mania Week)
• Child Care Solutions-Resource & Referral Agency
• Access CNY-Serving children with disabilities in CNY
• Exceptional Family Resources- Serving children with
disabilities in CNY
• United Way of Central New York
• Salvation Army