Questions and Answers
1) What grades do you serve? – BASCOL serves children in grades K-6th.
2) What are your rates? – BASCOL rates vary depending upon your schedule and the school district your child attends. Rates can be found in the BASCOL parent handbook of your school district, by calling the BASCOL office at 622-4815 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) What is your registration process? -
A) Call the BASCOL Office at 622-4815 first to see
if we have openings at your location.
B) Complete a registration packet for school year and/or
summer session that you would need.
C) Bring your registration in person to the BASCOL
Administrative Office located at 4610 Wetzel Road in
D) A registration fee and deposit are due at the time of
E) At registration you will receive a parent handbook
and a parent orientation.
4) When can I start? – You can usually start within a few business days after registering.
5) What is your staff to child ratio? – BASCOL is a NYS Licensed school age child care provider so we must follow state regulations regarding ratios, which is 1 staff member for every 10 children.
6) Is there any financial assistance available? – BASCOL is a not-for-profit organization and operates solely on tuition paid by parents. We do accept DSS subsidy once a parent is authorized through them. You can contact Onondaga County DSS at 315-435-5683 and Oswego County DSS at 315-963-5021.
7) What are your staff qualifications? – All site personnel are subject to rigorous background checks which include a criminal history review, fingerprinting and New York State Clearance through the Office of Children and Family Services.
Site Director Qualifications: two years experience
working directly with school age children, one or more years
experience in a supervising capacity. A Bachelor's degree or
18 college credits in a child related field. Medication
Administration Trained, CPR and First Aid Certified.
Teacher Qualifications – Experience working directly with
school age children and a high school diploma or
equivalent. CPR and First Aid certified.
8) What does BASCOL serve for snacks? - BASCOL serves a variety of nutritious snacks including, cereal, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, pretzels, chips and salsa, granola bars, animal crackers, veggies, milk, juice and water. A menu is posted at the site on the parent bulletin board.
9) What do the kids do at BASCOL? - Children are offered a variety of choices such as creative art, fine motor, dramatic play, science & discovery, cooperative group games, social experiences and physical activity. Each week themed activities are planned in our Core Program Areas.
10) Are you open for snow days and school vacations? – Yes, BASCOL is open for snow days and vacation days from 6:30am until 6:00pm at the combined full day locations.
11) Do you have a summer program? – Yes, we do run a summer program. Click here for more information.
12) Do you offer any field trips? - Yes, BASCOL does plan field trips during the school year during scheduled days off and during our summer program. Field trips are optional and have to be signed up for ahead of time. Some of the field trips include: Flamingo Bowling in Liverpool, Abbott’s Farm, in Baldwinsville to go apple picking, the MOST in Syracuse, Ice Skating and Thunder Island Water Park in Fulton.
13) What if my child has special needs? - We would have you discuss your child’s needs with a Program Manager and complete a Health Care Plan. There may be additional paperwork that may be required. For example, MAT forms.
14) Can your program administer medication? - Yes, BASCOL staff can administer medication, there is additional paperwork that will need to be completed by your doctor and yourself. See the the Written Medication Consent Form.